Since I haven’t posted in whats seems to be an obscenely long time, I figure I should update all of you so eager to hear about my wonderful crazy life.
Not too much is new, other than my newfound interest in herbs and homemade natural remedies. Funnily enough, as soon as I have acknowledge the desire to create such things, the resources to learn these skills have made themselves available to me by way of my discovering an otherwise unknown herb store (WTF, who has a store full of jars of HERBS in this day and age?) and by hearing about a new 2-day class in the works from the Rising Sun store about herbal properties and tincture creation. I’m so excited. I need to clear out some shelves for the many jars I’m going to collect. ^_^
I cleaned the bedroom COMPLETELY for the first time since we moved in. I have a metric butt-ton of laundry to do and sort and put away, but other than that, it’s all sanctuaryish and lovely. I just need some decorations and pictures and fancy Kaitlinish trinkets to make it feel like less of an oversized closet because of the lack of windows.
Oh, jeez, it’s only 2:30! Here I thought it was much later! I’m going to try to convince Alex to drive me to Walmart or something later so I can buy a short little shelf I can hide in the closet and put candles and goodies on.
For now, A FIBRE MEME!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I’m a big fan of wool, silk and exotic fibres like camel and yak. I’m not a huge fan of cotton because it’s hard on my hands, but it’s soo handy. Acrylic is getting softer and softer, it seems, but I’m not ready to make much of anything time-consuming out of it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Um.. all over the house..
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned when I was 11, picked it up again when I was 16 and have been going crazy ever since. I would consider myself intermediate, just for what I haven’t yet tried.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
Nag Champa incense.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Ohh man.. where do I start. I looooove candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Um, I draw and paint and would love to take up pottery. I spin like crazy.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I’m lhirondelle on last.fm, check-a me out!
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I don’t like orange. At all.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My husband and I live together and we have 3 cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes, NEVER EVER.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love easy sweaters, weird practical things like coffee/hand cozies.
13. What are you knitting right now?
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Knitpicks options in Nickel.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
YES YES. I don’t know what I’d do without them.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I loooove New year’s.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Herbs, rocks, random pretties and yarn!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’m dying to get ahold of some Elizabeth Zimmerman books.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?